2018 Grant Recipients
NZChefs Assn, $9,000, towards bringing a guest Chef to attend NZ Hospitality Championships
Manukau Institute of Technology, $15,000, Opportunity for hospitality students to graduate through the Graduated Driver Licensing System.
DINE Academy, $20,000, Nurture Scholarships - Support pre-employment training & youth development for youths at risk, and support DINE Academy Auckland dinner event.
Soul Bar & Bistro, $7,500, towards bring TV chef Nina Compton to NZ to run training events.
The Safe Food Project, $14,045, Phase One of the Food Safety Project.
YoungTEC, $5,000, Continued Professional Development Project for young leaders in tourism.
YoungTEC, $5,000, Second tier of Continued Professional Development Project for young leaders in tourism.
NZChefs Assn, $10,000, NZ Hospitality Championships 2018 - Photography/PR/Media of the event
Ara Institute, $5,500, Series Three – Secondary School Hospitality & Cookery Teacher Masterclasses
RANZ, $20,000, Nationwide Professional Development.
Hipgroup Ltd, $9,900, Develop leadership capability in team members with leadership potential.
New Zealand Sommelier and Wine Professionals Association, $2,500, Asia Oceania Best Sommelier Competition 2018
2017 Grant Recipients
ARA, $5,280, Series Two – Secondary School Hospitality & Cookery Teacher Masterclasses
Artisan Consulting, $12,475, National Diploma in Hospitality Operations Management Scholarships
DINE Academy, $12,000, Nurture Scholarships
Hospitality NZ, $3,450, Workshop - Collaborative Communication - Effective ways to get your message across
Hospitality NZ, $5,000, Training people with disabilities to be a valuable member of the hospitality workforce
Hospitality NZ, $10,044, Workshop & expo - taking the leap from school to career in hospitality. Workshop & expo
Manukau Institute of Technology, $10,000, Hospitality Teachers Conference
Maori in Tourism Rotorua, $15,000, Online front of house destination induction module
NZ Chefs Assn. $10,000, NZ Hospitality Championships 2017 - Photography/PR/Media of the event
NZ Chefs Assn Charitable Trust, $6,000, to provide PD to 1 trainee chefs to attend 60th NZChefs Conference
NZ Culinary Arts Development Trust (CADT), $8,532, NZ Culinary Journey
NZ Culinary Arts Academy, $15,000, Bocuse d'Or NZ - Asia Pacific Selection 2018
NZ Sommeliers and Wine Professional Association, $3,300. Travel and training scholarships to junior staff employed in restaurant in the South Island to attend CMS Level 1 in Auckland
Onehunga High School, $3,000, National Secondary School Culinary Challenge Winners - get to Taipei
Restaurant Association, $16,000, Research initiative & 2017 Hospitality Industry Report
Soul Bar & Bistro, $5,000, bring 2 guest LA chefs to Auckland to be part of Restaurant Month (August) to host various activities
2016 Grant Recipients
- Ara Institute o f Canterbury, $4,250 towards providing a series of three masterclasses to high school hospitality and cookery teachers
- Bocuse d’Or New Zealand, $15,000 towards cost of participating in the Bocuse d’Or Lyon 2017
- DINE Academy, $8,000 in support of DINE Wellington
- Hospitality New Zealand, $5,430 to develop and implement online training modules for health & safety in hospitality
- Hospitality New Zealand, $7,245 towards researching and developing a pilot seminar on creating a successful and cohesive team culture in the workplace
- Hospitality New Zealand, $3,779 towards development and implementation of online training modules on mandatory food control plans
- Manukau Institute of Technology, $26,000 to develop delivery and assessment resources for two unit standards on preparing for competitions
- New Zealand Chefs Association, $10,000 towards the cost of NZ Chefs National Salon 2016
- New Zealand Chefs Association, $13,000 towards completing judging qualifications for 248 students
- New Zealand Sommelier and Wine Professionals Association, $2,500 to cover the subscription fee to register as a member of ASI – The International Association of Sommeliers
- New Zealand Sommelier and Wine Professionals Association, $2,400 to allow competitors to travel to Auckland to compete in the NZ Sommelier and Junior Sommelier Wine Professional Competitions
- Otago Polytechnic Food Design Institute, $7,000 towards hosting the International Food Design Conference and Studio in Dunedin
- Otago Polytechnic Food Design Institute, $7,000 towards scholarships for 15 high school hospitality students to attend the International Food Design Conference and Studio
- Soul Bar and Bistro, $5,000 towards hosting a guest chef who will present to a group of trainee chefs and front of house apprentices
- Tracy Telfer, $8,000 towards completing Year 3 of the Bachelor of Culinary Arts Programme
- Waiariki Institute of Technology, $625 towards protective clothing and bee equipment
2015 Grant Recipients
- Holiday Parks Associationn, $13,300.00 to hold a Better Holiday Park Businesses Seminar
- Hospitality New Zealand, $8,220.00 to research and develop a pilot workshop on Managing Difficult and Toxic Personalities
- Hospitality New Zealand, $7,625.00 to research and develop a pilot workshop on Modern Dietary Requirements
- New Zealand Chefs Association, $10,000 towards the costs of the NZ Chefs National Salon
- New Zealand School of Food & Wine, $9,000.00 towards the cost of developing a Beginners Guide to Opening your Food Business
- New Zealand School of Food & Wine, $13,275.00 develop a 3 day Introduction to Hospitality workshop
- NZ Sommelier & Wine Professionals, $3,800.00 to enable to Sommeliers to compete at ASI
- Restaurant Association of New Zealand $21,100.00 to develop Professional Development Seminars
- ServiceIQ, $14,000.00 to develop the the “Fast Track to Front of House” Programme
- ServiceIQ, $21,000.00 for research on Customer Perceptions of Service Standards in New Zealand Hospitality
- ServiceIQ, $14,485.00 toward the Hospo All Stars Team attending the Melbourne Food and Wine Show
- ServiceIQ, $20,000.00 towards participation at the World Skills International Competition
- UCOL Palmerston North, $15,000.00 to develop and deliver Secondary School Masterclasses